Il team di Linux Mint ha appena rilasciato il LMDE Update Pack 6 ovvero il sesto service pack di Linux Mint.
Ecco le istruzioni su come effettuare l'upgrade.
1. Make sure your mirror is up-to-date
It is not safe to upgrade any package unless your mirror points to UP6
Here is the current status of the LMDE mirrors:
To select another mirror:
2. Check your APT sources
- Make sure “mint-debian-mirrors” is installed
- Open a terminal and run the following command: mint-choose-debian-mirror
3. Read about the Update Pack
- In the Update Manager, click on the “Update Pack Info” button
- Make sure “Your system configuration” shows up as green and doesn’t show any warnings or errors.
- If you see a warning or an error, follow the instructions given and repeat the process until they’re gone.
In the “Update Pack Info” window of the Update Manager, make sure to read all the information related to Update Pack 6. Some of it might be irrelevant to you, but it will only take you a minute and it might save you hours.
4. Upgrade the packages
When you’re ready and you know all that there is to know, press the “Install Updates” button.
During the update you’ll be asked a few things. One is quite important.. the new kernel will ask you where to install Grub. Answer with the location of your current Grub menu (which on most systems is “/dev/sda“).
A Gennaio saranno rilasciate le ISO comprensive del service pack 6.