4 dicembre 2012
KDE 4.10 Beta 2 rilasciato
Etichette: Archlinux, Chakra, Informatica, KDE, KDE 4.10, Kubuntu, Mondo Linux, openSUSE
- Qt Quick in Plasma Workspaces -- Qt Quick is continuing to make its way into the Plasma Workspaces. Plasma Quick, KDE's extensions on top of QtQuick allow deeper integration with the system and more powerful apps and Plasma components. Plasma Containments can now be written in QtQuick. Various Plasma widgets have been rewritten in QtQuick, notably the system tray, pager, notifications, lock & logout, weather and weather station, comic strip and calculator plasmoids. Many performance, quality and usability improvements make Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces easier to use.
- New Screen Locker -- A new screen locking mechanism based on QtQuick brings more flexibility and security to Plasma Desktop.
- Animated Wallpapers -- Thanks to a new QtQuick-based wallpaper engine, animated wallpapers are now much easier to create.
- Improved Zooming in Okular -- A technique called tiled rendering allows Okular to zoom in much further while reducing memory consumption. Okular Active, the touch-friendly version of the powerful document reader is now part of KDE SC.
- Faster indexing -- Improvements in the Nepomuk semantic engine allow faster indexing of files. The new Tags kioslave allows users to browse their files by tags in any KDE-powered application.
- Color Correction -- Gwenview, KDE's smart image viewer and Plasma's window manager now support color correction and can be adjusted to the color profile of different monitors, allowing for more natural representation of photos and graphics.
- Notifications -- Plasma's notifications are now rendered using QtQuick, notifications themselves, especially concerning power management have been cleaned up.
- New Print Manager -- Setup of printers and monitoring jobs was improved thanks to a new implementation of the Print Manager.
- Kate, KDE's Advanced Text Editor received multiple improvements regarding user feedback. It is now extensible using Python plugins.
- KTouch -- KDE's touch-typing learning utility has been rewritten and features a cleaner, more elegant user interface.
- libkdegames improvements -- Many parts of libkdegames have been rewritten, porting instructions for 3rd party developers are available.
- KSudoku now allows printing puzzles.
- KJumpingCube has seen a large number of improvements making the game more enjoyable.
Per gli utenti ArchLinux il topic ufficiale è:
Se siete utenti openSUSE e volete installare KDE 4.10 Beta 2 vi lascio il link all'ottima guida 4.10 Beta 2 packages available for openSUSE
Quest' opera è distribuita con licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 3.0 Unported. Questo blog non rappresenta una testata giornalistica, in quanto viene aggiornato senza alcuna periodicità. Non può, pertanto, considerarsi un prodotto editoriale, ai sensi della legge n. 62 del 7/03/2001 Disclaimer immagini
Le immagini utilizzate in questo blog appartengono ai loro rispettivi autori e sono utilizzati per scopi educativi, personali e senza scopo di lucro. Ogni eventuale violazione del copyright non è intenzionale, ma se si riconosce un'immagine protetta da copyright, fatemelo sapere qui, e sarò lieto di aggiungere i credits o modificarla o rimuoverla.Disclaimer images
Images used on this blog belong to their respective authors and are used for educational, personal and no profit purposes. Any eventual copyright infringement is not intentional, but if you recognize a copyrighted image, please let me know here, and I'll happily provide to add the right credits or modify or remove it.